Anti Ragging Committee
In view of the direction of the honorable Supreme court in SLP NO.24295 of 2006 dated 16-05-2007 &in civil appeal no.887 of 2009 dated 08-05-2009 to prohibit, prevent & eliminate the scourage of ragging including any conduct by any student or students. And to provide for the healthy development, physically and psychologically of all students the AICTE brings these regulation.
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating, or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof if any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do &which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevent, disrupts or disturb the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic task assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, and stripping, forcing obscene &lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts ,public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health &self – confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without any intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student.
Objectives of the Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell (ICC)
- The Cell will deal with the cases / complaints of sexual harassment & any other type of the female students, teaching & non- teaching women staff of the college.
- The Cell shall process all the complaints & take immediate suitable action.
- The Cell will provide assistance to the Faculty/College for taking prevention steps in the matter of gender discrimination & sexual harassment.
- The Principal will be the Chairman of the Cell & many appoint members of the cell.
- The Cell may form / review the guidelines / policy for Redressal of the grievance as required from time to time, which may be in accordance with those issued by Supreme Court& Government Agencies.
Also made aware about the punishment they are:
- Any member of the institute fraternity (student/employee/outside related to institute) found guilty of sexual harassment shall be liable to be punished. This shall be subject of the same penalties for major or minor misconduct as prescribed under government/ university rules.
- A student guilty of sexual harassment shall be liable for any of the following penalties: a) Warning or reprimand. b) Suspension from university/ college for a period of one month. c) Debarment from appearing from the examination for period up to three years. d) Rustication from the university as the case may be. E) Any other punishment as defined by the government / university act. Also explained the duties of member which are as follows:
- The Cell will deal with the cases/ complaints of sexual harassment & any other type of harassment of the female students, teaching &non-teaching women staff of the college.
- The Cell shall process all the individual complaints& take immediate suitable action.
- The Cell will provide assistance to the Faculty/ Colleges for taking preventive step in the matter of gender discrimination & sexual harassment.